My current family site is used for the family members wish-lists and pictures, but it is based on a very old Umbraco version. This time I will try to create everything myself.
The (initial) target:
A web site that contains
- A nice front page.
- Wish-lists for each family member. Every member of the family must be able to log in and update their wish-list.
- Pictures. It shall be possible to upload pictures (when logged in), and group them and show them by category.
I have decided to use the following tools and frameworks:
- BootStrap 3
- Entity Framework 6 – Code First.
- Hosting in Windows Azure.
- Pictures stored in Azure Blob Storage.
This end the first part, which probably will be the only part without any code. In part 2 I will be creating the basic web site.
The course it set, but I am open to input regarding features or possible use of tools.